Massage+ 30, 10, 5
Course: Massage+ 30, 10, 5; an infant massage course
Rosemary White-Traut, PhD, RN, FAAN; member of the Pathways.org Medical Roundtable
Parents and caregivers
Massage+ 30, 10, 5 is an intervention using moderate touch massage to help improve the health and development of premature and full term infants. Through just 15 minutes of massage, rocking, and gentle talking, parents can improve infant development. Learn the step-by-step components of Massage+ 30, 10, 5 intervention through this self-paced, online baby massage course so you can immediately use these techniques.
This intervention was developed after 35 years of research by Rosemary White-Traut, PhD, RN, FAAN and is also known by healthcare professionals as Audio, Tactile, Visual, Vestibular (ATVV) intervention. Places like the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have granted millions of dollars in research funding over the years.
Benefits of Massage+ 30, 10, 5:
- Baby’s sleeping and eating habits
- Parent confidence levels
- Parent and child intimacy
- Parent and child communication
- Baby’s sense of hearing, touch, sight, and motion
Objectives of this infant massage course:
- Identify the benefits that Massage+ 30, 10, 5 has on premature and full-term babies
- Compare the differences between baby engagement and disengagement cues and know what massage areas baby prefers
- Understand and safely implement Massage+ 30, 10, 5 for baby, either at home or as a NICU massage
Please note that while this online course is self-paced, access to this course will expire 30 days after purchase. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Watch a demo of the course here:
Massage+ 30, 10, 5 Additional Resources
Below you will find some additional resources to support your learning during the baby massage course.