Parents’ Guide to Baby’s First Steps
Baby’s first steps are a huge milestone! Watch to learn more about how to encourage your little one to walk on their own.
Read more about baby’s first steps in our blog post, From Baby’s First Steps to Walking on Their Own.
Want to watch more videos about related topics? Click the buttons below!
Read along with the video below!
Is baby almost ready to start walking?
Here’s some tips to help baby take those (clumsy) first steps:
- Put toys up on surfaces so baby practices playing in standing.
- When helping baby, hold them at their rib cage instead of their arms. This will encourage baby to use their core muscles to stand.
- Put small items in baby’s hands to encourage standing without support.
- Start with a short distance, if it’s too long baby may resort to crawling!
- Try not to fully extend your arms towards baby. This can cause baby to lean too far forward and fall.
When baby falls (they will!), reassure baby with a positive voice. If you sound scared or nervous, baby will be too!