Parents’ Guide to Encouraging Sleep
Sleep is important throughout our lives, but for babies and children it plays a vital role in their development. A full night’s sleep for your child can mean less stress, an easier time paying attention and learning, a stronger immune system, and a healthier weight.
So how much sleep do they need? And what are the idea sleeping conditions? Watch to learn more.
Want to know more about your child’s sleep? Check out some of the below articles to learn more!
- Why is Sleep Important for Your Child’s Development?
- How to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
- How to Help Your Child Sleep Better
- Does My Baby Dream? Understanding REM Sleep in Babies
Want to watch more videos about related topics? Click the buttons below!
Read along with the video below!
Sleep is the foundation for healthy development. Most children spend 40% of their childhood asleep!
- 0-3 Months: Typically about 17 hours of sleep recommended
- 4-11 Months: 12-16 hours of sleep recommended
- 1-2 Years: 11-14 hours of sleep recommended
- 3-5 Years: 10-13 hours of sleep recommended
- 6-12 Years: 9-12 hours of sleep recommended
Try keeping the room cool, dark, and quiet to help them sleep. Sleep helps reduce stress, make learning easier, support healthy growth, strengthen immune system, and prevent attention and mood problems. Talk to their healthcare provider if your child is having trouble sleeping.