Parents’ Guide to Winter Weather Safety for Baby
When it gets cold outside, it’s important to keep baby safe and warm. Watch this video to see our 6 tips that every parent needs to know to help baby brave the cold.
For even more information, check out our blog post on how to Help Baby Brave the Cold with 3 Easy Tips!
Read along with the video below!
Winter is coming and the cold weather is here. Help your baby brave the cold with these 6 easy tips.
- Wear layers – The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) says infants should wear one more layer than adults.
- Keep winter accessories handy – Keep extra hats, gloves, mittens, and socks in the car and the stroller.
- Don’t wear jackets in car seats – Bulky clothing shouldn’t be worn under the safety harness. Add a blanket over the harness instead.
- Keep the carrier indoors – This keeps it warm instead of being cold in the car when you put your baby in it.
- Cover up those fingers – Fingers, toes, and ears are the quickest to get cold, so cover them up!
- Use baby-safe lotion – Once back inside, be sure to use plenty of baby-safe lotion.
Don’t think you need to be stuck inside all winter. Just be sure to bundle baby up! Check out our blog post on braving the cold with baby for more information.