Tummy Time Abilities at 2 Months
Parents know Tummy Time helps baby build muscles and skills to meet their future motor milestones. But how do you know baby is making progress during Tummy Time at 2 months? Use these abilities to ensure baby is continuing to develop though Tummy Time.
Tummy Time abilities at 2 Months:
- Spends at least one minute in Tummy Time several times a day without becoming upset, when otherwise happy
- Majority of Tummy Time should be done on the floor
- Baby may tilt their head to one side. Watch to make sure they alternate tilting to both directions instead of always favoring one side, which may be a possible sign of positional torticollis
A couple infant Tummy Time tips:
- Use time on the floor to play as an alternative to baby being in a carrier or bouncy seat.
- Don’t get discouraged. Every bit of Tummy Time makes a difference.
Want to see Tummy Time abilities by month? Check out these videos!