Tummy Time Abilities at 5 Months
Parents know Tummy Time helps baby build muscles and skills to meet their future motor milestones. But how do you know baby is making progress during Tummy Time at 5 months? Use these abilities to ensure baby is continuing to develop though Tummy Time.
Tummy Time abilities at 5 Months:
- Begins to push up on hands with straight elbows
- May start moving hands forward to reach for toys that are placed nearby
A few infant Tummy Time tips:
- Baby should be continuing to spend longer amounts of time on their tummy and eventually, they may even prefer their tummy to their back.
- Do baby push-ups. Place hands under baby’s chest and tummy. Use gentle lifting cues to get baby to push up on hands for brief periods.
- Don’t get discouraged. Every bit of Tummy Time makes a difference.
Want to see Tummy Time abilities by month? Check out these videos!