Baby Games Calendar
Find activities, milestones, and games based on baby’s date of birth Get these by email!
Enter Baby's Birthday (Remember to adjust for prematurity)
Activities at Week 1
- Tummy to Play: Always remember: back to sleep, tummy to play. Baby may not like being on their tummy at first because back and neck muscles are not very strong yet. Make Tummy Time part of baby’s daily routine starting with a few minutes at a time, a few times a day. Helps baby develop core strength.
- Face-to-Face: Lie down propped up by a pillow and place baby tummy down on your chest so you’re face-to-face. Hold firmly so baby does not roll off. Helps baby strengthen core muscles and achieve developmental milestones.
- Get to Know Baby: Take time to get to know baby in every way. Smile at them. Touch hands, feet and forehead. See how they wiggle and react to touch and voices. Helps you connect with your baby.
It’s Important to Remember:
*The activities listed over these next few months are designed to help your baby as they move towards the following three month milestones.
If you are concerned that your baby isn’t meeting these milestones by three months, trust your instincts and talk to your healthcare professional.
0-3 Month Motor Milestones
- While lying on tummy, pushes up on arms
- While lying on tummy, lifts and holds head up
- Able to move fists from closed to open
- Able to bring hands to mouth
- Moves legs and arms off of surface when excited
0-3 Month Sensory Milestones
- While lying on back, attempts to reach for a toy held above their chest
- While lying on back, visually tracks a moving toy from side to side
- While lying on back, keeps head centered to watch faces or toys
- Able to calm with rocking, touching, and gentle sounds
- Enjoys a variety of movements
0-3 Month Communication Milestones
- Quiets or smiles in response to sound or voice
- Turns head towards sound or voice
- Shows interest in faces
- Makes eye contact
- Cries differently for different needs (e.g. hungry vs. tired)
- Coos and smiles
0-3 Month Feeding Milestones
- Latches onto nipple or bottle
- Tongue moves forward and back to suck
- Drinks 2 oz. to 6 oz. of liquid per feeding, 6 times per day
- Sucks and swallows well during feeding