Thanksgiving Activities for Kids That Can Be Done At Home
Thanksgiving is known as the holiday when we gather around the table with family from near and far, express our gratitude, and eat a great meal. This year, Thanksgiving may look a little different, but it can still be a memorable and special day, particularly for your little ones.
So how can you still make this holiday one to remember for your child? Here are some tips for a fun, at-home Thanksgiving everyone will be thankful for.
Check out our holiday at home tips for some great ideas! We’re all adjusting this year to make our holidays as safe as possible. Here are some tips to keep everyone connected and celebrating together, no matter where you are!
- Cook together! Cooking can help with motor, sensory, executive function and social-emotional skills. If your little one is too young to cook, have them play with their food for a fun sensory experience. Also, incorporate superfoods into your Thanksgiving meal.
- Show your gratitude by doing activities that give back. This can be service activities, donation drives, anything that helps others and teaches your child about the importance of giving.
- Get in the fall spirit with some fun fall crafts! From spice wheels to leaf pressing, there are plenty of festive ways to get in the spirit right in your own home.
- Send drawings and letters to family far away. Give your child a specific challenge, like “draw why you’re thankful for Grandma”, and send the drawing via mail or digitally to your loved ones.
- Play games around the dinner table while you enjoy your meal. These dinner table activities will get everyone talking, laughing and making memories together.
- Sing songs and dance together! We know music promotes bonding, so turn up the jams on Thanksgiving and celebrate together.
- Get some fresh air. If it’s a beautiful fall day for your family, try out some of these outdoor activities and fun fall activities.