10 to 12 Month Baby Feeding Milestones to Look For
See the 6 different feeding milestones baby should be reaching by 12 months old. There is a clip that goes along with each milestone so you can see the different feeding milestones for baby. To see more milestones and videos visit our 10 to 12 months age page.
As always, our content is validated with American Academy of Pediatrics findings and reviewed by pediatric therapists.
By 12 months, baby should:
• Finger feeds self
• Eating an increasing variety of food
• Begins to use an open cup
• Ready to try soft-cooked vegetables, soft fruits, and finger foods e.g. diced bananas, cooked pasta
• Might be ready to start self feeding with utensils
• Enjoys a greater variety of smells and tastes
Pathways.org milestones video series helps parents and caregivers track their baby’s development and detect possible delays.
Use Pathways.org resources to track baby’s milestones and help identify potential early feeding difficulty. If you notice your baby is not meeting their 10-12 month feeding milestones, contact their healthcare provider.