See the 6 different communication milestones baby should be reaching by 6 months. Each milestone has a clip so you can see and hear the different communication milestones for baby. To see more milestones and videos for 4-6 months old visit our 4 to 6 month age page
As always, all of our content is validated with American Academy of Pediatrics findings and reviewed by pediatric therapists.
By 6 months, baby should:
• Listens and responds when spoken to
• Begins to use consonant sounds in babbling, e.g. “da, da, da”
• Reacts to sudden noises or sounds
• Uses babbling to get attention
• Makes different kinds of sounds to express feelings
• Notices toys that make sounds
Pathways.org milestones video series helps parents and caregivers track their baby’s development and detect possible delays.
Use Pathways.org resources to track baby’s milestones and help identify potential early communication delays. If you notice your baby is not meeting their 4-6 months communication milestones, contact their health care provider.
Materials We Recommend:
All materials including videos are provided at no cost; no fees or charges may be associated with any of the Pathways.org materials without prior written approval.