Feeding Your 12+ Month Old Baby
What can you feed your 1 year old baby? What if your toddler is a picky eater?
You have questions about baby feeding, we have answers!
What can you feed your 1 year old baby?
If baby is an independent walker, try introducing the following foods:
- Ground meat
- Milk (with pediatrician’s approval)
- Diced chicken/fish
- Soft, cooked veggies
How much should baby eat?
Baby is in charge of how much to eat. Encourage self-feeding with utensils. Your job is to provide healthy, safe food options to baby. Be sure food pieces are small. Avoid choking hazards, like hot dogs, nuts, popcorn, etc.
For more tips on baby feeding, visit our feeding page! Here are some other resources for this age:
- Check out baby’s 13-18 month feeding milestones
- Find out why it’s good for baby to play with their food
- Try out these dinner table activities as your toddler gets older!
- Is your toddler a picky eater? Here are some ways to get your little one to eat veggies