Tips for Dad to Bond with Baby
Bonding with baby means a lot. It’s important for new parents and can be done in simple ways. Let’s look at some of the ways Dad connects with baby!
- Tummy Time – get on the floor and play with baby during Tummy Time
- Massage+ 30, 10, 5 – this baby massage can help
- Spending time with baby – don’t forget to try the ‘Tummy Down Carry’, aka the ‘Football Hold’ when moving around to get some extra Tummy Time in
- Cuddling – Start bonding as soon as baby is born with plenty of cuddles!
- Devoting attention to baby – making eye contact and responding to coos and noises are important for baby’s communication development, in addition to helping you bond