Tummy Time Abilities at 4 Months
Parents know Tummy Time helps baby build muscles and skills to meet their future motor milestones. But how do you know baby is making progress during Tummy Time at 4 months? Use these abilities to ensure baby is continuing to develop though Tummy Time.
Tummy Time abilities at 4 Months:
- Lifts head up 90 degrees. Should be able to keep their head centered.
- Pushes up on forearms and brings chest off floor. Elbows will be under their shoulders (at a 90 degree angle) or in front of shoulders
- Lifts head and moves neck to track toys, voices, and faces during Tummy Time
A few infant Tummy Time tips:
- Baby should be continuing to spend longer amounts of time on their tummy and eventually, they may even prefer their tummy to their back.
- Babies love faces! Even their own! Use mirrors during Tummy Time to help keep them engaged and having fun.
- Don’t get discouraged. Every bit of Tummy Time makes a difference.
Want to see Tummy Time abilities by month? Check out these videos!