Parents’ Guide to Positions that Help Baby’s Development
Baby needs to experience different positions during the day to be able to play and explore. Watch and learn about all the positions you can put baby in during the day! These positions help with development and get baby out of their carrier. Learn more about how and when to use infant carriers.
Want to watch more videos about related topics? Click the buttons below!
This video is a part of our Parents’ Guide series. View the entire series for quick videos, packed full of development info and tips.
Read along with the video below!
Variety is baby’s best friend! Put baby in these positions during the day. They help with development and get baby out of carriers.
- Carry against your chest/shoulder: Helps activate core and balance senses (be sure to alternate sides).
- Side-lying: Helps baby bring hands together to play (be sure to alternate sides).
- Baby on back: Helps baby experience how they move
- Supported sitting with baby facing you: Helps bond with baby
- Tummy Time: Helps build core muscles needed to reach milestones
Rotate through these positions during the day to maximize development!