Parents’ Guide to Crawling
Crawling is an important 7-9 month milestone. So how can you make sure your baby reaches this milestone? Watch this video to learn more about the two types of crawling, and how you can encourage your little one to crawl.
You can also learn more about crawling from these popular resources:
- Why You Should Encourage Crawling—And How To Do It
- Baby on the Move—5 Ways to Encourage Crawling
- What To Do If Baby Keeps Rolling Over During Tummy Time
Want to watch more videos about related topics? Click the buttons below!
Read along with the video below!
Are you worried baby isn’t crawling? Here are some tips to help with this 7-9 month milestone.
There are two types of crawling: army crawl, baby’s stomach remains on the floor; and creeping, baby pushes up to hands and knees with belly off the floor.
These are some activities you can do to get baby crawling:
- Use Tummy Time often
- Place toys around baby so they can pivot
- Do baby push-ups
- Teach baby to rock on hands and knees
- Position toys out of reach
- Encourage crawling to their favorite toy
Help baby gain the skills to crawl!