Tips to Make Tummy Time Easier
Read along with the video below:
You can begin Tummy Time soon after baby is born. Start with a few minutes, working up to an hour a day, in spurts, by 3 months of age.
- Link Tummy Time with familiar activities such as diapering, bathing, or even playing. When your baby is happy, fed, and awake, it’s the ideal time to do some Tummy Time.
- Move into positions slowly.
- Talk positively!
- Pat/rub baby’s back to soothe them.
- Do Tummy Time on both sides/switch arms.
- Don’t give baby a chance to get really mad or feel “stuck”.
- Baby loves your face and voice, try using this to encourage them!
Every bit of Tummy Time makes a difference. Tummy Time should be fun time!