Tummy Time Abilities at 6 Months
Parents know Tummy Time helps baby build muscles and skills to meet their future motor milestones.
But how do you know baby is making progress during Tummy Time at 6 months?
Use these abilities to ensure baby is continuing to develop though Tummy Time.
Tummy Time abilities at 6 months and older:
- Tummy Time becomes more directed by baby
- Reaches and grabs toys of different sizes while on tummy
- Can pivot in a circle while on stomach
- Rolls from back to tummy and tummy to back
- Begins to prefer being on their stomach. Being on their tummy allows them to play, move, and explore more easily.
A few infant Tummy Time tips:
- Baby should be continuing to spend longer amounts of time on their tummy and eventually, they may even prefer their tummy to their back.
- Encourage baby to practice rolling and moving while on their tummy. Use toys to keep them motivated!
- Don’t get discouraged. Every bit of Tummy Time makes a difference.
Want to see Tummy Time abilities by month? Check out these videos!