What to Do If You Suspect A Delay
Read along with the video below:
Every child develops a little differently. Sometimes children just need a little more time than others. Sometimes healthcare providers tell parents to “wait and see” how they develop, which can be frustrating for parents who are concerned.
If you are still concerned, here’s what you can do:
- Trust your instincts! There’s nothing wrong with getting a second opinion!
- Schedule a screening at a therapy clinic – many are free and simply determine if a full evaluation is needed
- Contact an Early Intervention office (by state in the U.S.) to see if your child can receive services
- Make sure your healthcare provider is doing behavioral and developmental screening at well-baby visits
- Keep baby active!
- While you search for answers, continue to play with baby and do their regular activities
- Keep up with Tummy Time and the Pathways.org Baby Games Calendar
- Try out Massage+ 30, 10, 5
- Explore our website www.pathways.org for milestone and ability checklists