- Some good ideas used by congregations to welcome worshipers of all abilities and their families in the area of affirmation
10 Tips for Affirmation
- 10 easy ways to welcome worshipers of all abilities in the area of affirmation
How You Can Make A Difference
- Educate your congregation about disability etiquette with this bulletin insert
- Guidelines for clergy, ushers, and lay leaders on how to be more inclusive in their house of faith
Congregant Needs Survey
- Find out what accommodations your congregants need
Mental Health Ministry
- Tips to help minister to individuals with mental differences
- Some good ideas used by congregations to welcome worshipers of all abilities and their families in the area of communication
10 Tips for Communication
- 10 easy ways to welcome worshipers of all abilities in the area of communication, and information on how to use language that promotes dignity and respect.
- Ideas to make the physical structure of your house of faith more accessible
10 Tips to Increase Accessibility
- 10 easy ways to welcome worshipers of all abilities in the area of accessibility
For Religious Educators
Different Gifts, Same Spirit Lesson Plans
Use the Different Gifts, Same Spirit lesson plan series to teach elementary, junior high, and high school students how to welcome students and worshippers of all abilities
Available in booklet format from Loyola Press or download a free version:
- Director's Guide
- Family Guide
- Beatitudes of Acceptance
- Intermediate Student Guide
- Intermediate Catechist Guide
- Junior High Student Guide
- Junior High Catechist Guide
- High School Student Guide
- High School Catechist Guide
Bulletin Items for TEAM W Month
Celebrating TEAM W Month is one way to focus on welcoming worshippers of all abilities. Please consider observing TEAM W Month in August or choose another month that is more convenient for your congregation.
Celebrating the unique gifts of all members helps create a stronger and more welcoming faith community.
The following series of items can be used in bulletins, on websites, or in newsletters to help spread awareness about how each of us can welcome worshippers of all abilities.
Right-click and select "Save image as…" to save the file to your computer.
More Resources for TEAM W Month
- Congregations are granted permission to use the original song “Open Doors” in perpetuity.